Saturday 3 September 2016

Margaret Flockton book launch on 17 November 2016

Good things come to those who wait. That's what many patient people must believe as they've wondered when my book Margaret Flockton: A Fragrant Memory will ever make its appearance. Most books do not have a protracted gestation period of more than twelve years.

After many trips up and down the Hume Highway and several trips to England, this book was completed several years ago. But books heavily illustrated with high-res art pictures obtained from many sources are a daunting proposition for publishers in today's market. Luckily my agent John Timlin knows a thing or two about placing books.

I'm delighted to say that Wakefield Press of Adelaide is publishing the book. Their motto is 'We love good stories and publish beautiful books'. I've found that to be entirely true.  I hope you'll agree that they've done an excellent job.

And I have to thank botanical artist Catherine Wardrop, whose design of a farewell card for a colleague became the basis of a perfectly ideal cover for the book.

Margaret Flockton: A Fragrant Memory will be launched by Professor the Hon Dame Marie Bashir AD CVO at the Royal Botanic Garden in Sydney on 17 November at 4 pm. If you're dying to read Margaret's fascinating story, let me know so that you can be sent an invitation to the event.

My website will give the details of where to buy the book, once it becomes available. I'm nervously awaiting reader reaction - hopefully this is one book that you will be able to judge by its gorgeous cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment